One of the more common errors in Black Magic is when the preferences get corrupted. This can be caused by many things, some of them are even caused by human error. However, it is an easy fix.
If problem doesn’t stop Black Magic from running, just:
- Go to Edit->My Preferences and
- Click the “Reset All Preferences”
- Click “OK”
- Click “OK”
If however, the problem keeps Black Magic from running you’ll have to delete the preferences. Black Magic will create a new default set the next time you start it.
- Open “Documents” (Folders icon at the left of your taskbar at the bottom of the screen)
- On the left, under “Favorites”, click on Desktop
- Double click on the folder with the same name as the account you use to log onto your computer (It might be your name, “owner”, etc.)
- Go to the “View” menu at the top of the window.
- Click in the box next to “Hidden Items”
- Now you’ll see some “ghosted” or pale folders in your explorer window. Those are “hidden” folders that we just told Windows to display.
- Double click on the folder, “AppData”, it is usually the first in the list
- Find and double click the folder called “Local”
- From “Local” go into the “Post_Time_Solutions,_Inc” folder
- Delete the folder called BlackMagic.exe_StrongName_abunchofstrangelettersandnumbers.
- Start Black Magic