One of the more common errors in Black Magic is when the preferences get corrupted. This can be caused by many things, some of them are even caused by human error. However, it is an easy fix.
If problem doesn’t stop Black Magic from running, just:
- Go to Edit->My Preferences and
- Click the “Reset All Preferences”
- Click “OK”
- Click “OK”
If however, the problem keeps Black Magic from running you’ll have to delete the preferences. Black Magic will create a new default set the next time you start it.
- Open “My Computer”
- Double click on your (C:) drive, often called “Local Disk (C:)”
- Double click on “Documents and Settings”
- Double click on the folder with the same name as the account you use to log onto your computer
- Go to the “Tools” menu at the top of the window and click on “Folder Options”
- Click the “View” tab
- Under “Advanced Settings” is a list of folders and checkboxes. The second folder down is ‘Hidden files and folders”, select “Show hidden files and folders” then Click “Ok”
- Now you’ll see some “ghosted” or pale folders in your explorer window. Those are “hidden” folders that we just told Windows to display.
- Double click on the folder, called “Local Settings”
- Double click on the “Application Data” folder
- Double click on the “Post_Time_Solutions._Inc” folder
- Delete the folder called BlackMagic.exe_StrongName_abunchofstrangelettersandnumbers.
Posted on October 18, 2013 in Comments are off